Master Class: Fostering Powerful Mindsets within Your Child
Course no. Pa102
Coming Soon September 2018
About this Course
Your child’s mindsets about learning and talent are very important – you should know how to actively encourage and influence these because of their strong influence over your child’s learning behaviors. These can impact:
- the learning strategies your child uses,
- how your child responds to feedback,
- the resilience your child has toward setbacks and failure,
- the discipline your child embraces over his or her learning process,
- whether or not your child has the capability to become a lifelong learner
Mindsets are powerful influencers over habits and practices, and they can be positive, or negative. The right mindsets are also a necessary condition to your child becoming a lifelong learner.
But, do you really know which learning mindsets your child has?
You will perform an online assessment of mindsets in this course. We will cover which mindsets benefit your child, and how you can instill, coach, and reinforce them. The course is directed to the best time to begin, in children 3 to 10 years old. “Fostering the Growth Mindsets” will help you shape and encourage positive mindsets and habits toward learning in your young child. You can have the ability to influence over your child’s learning mindsets, beginning at an early age and through their formative years.
Many children adopt a Fixed Mindset at an early age, and this limits them in their ability and desire to learn. This course will explore how to provide positive coaching, provide useful examples of it, and enable you to have constructive ongoing discussions on education and learning. Expose your child to the Growth Mindset while he or she is at an age where the right mindsets can be formed. It will include a useful roadmap that you can follow for a series of productive discussions.
This Course Includes
- Full Access to all video presentations and lectures
- Downloads of all slide presentations
- Download of all materials including all assignments, assessment and discussion tools, and checklists.
Cost: Special introductory rate of $99 until Sept 1, 2018
How to Take This Course
Take it at Your Convenience. The course is independent study and self-paced so you can begin and complete it when you want.
Access: Watch it from anywhere with an internet connection.
To enroll: Sign up now for study tips on the home page of the Center for Homeschooling site. We will send you notice when the course is online in June. You will then click on the link which will take you to the course. Modules will be sent to you one at a time, so that you can complete them at your convenience. That’s it. Simple and easy to enroll.
Ready to join? Sign up now and begin to create the Growth Mindset at home by clicking on this link.
In six engaging and fast paced modules, this course will provide you with useful ideas and examples to have positive interactions and interventions with your children as you begin to prepare and shape them into lifelong learners. Some of the topics you will learn are:
- What are Mindsets, and why are these important to young children?
- How you can plant the early seeds for the love of learning.
- Which Mindsets matter most to learning?
- Get an assessment of your child through our online instrument.
- Get an assessment of your own mindsets, so that you know you are consistently modeling and reinforcing good mindsets.
- Tips and techniques for coaching the mindsets of the preschool child, the early school age child, and the mindsets older children.
- What are Growth Mindsets and how can you influence them?
- The problems with Fixed Mindsets and how you can change these in your children.
- Understand habit formation and the steps to changing habits.
- How parent coaching opens the door for many more positive future discussions on learning.
- Coaching your children to effective deal with setbacks and failure. Reframing failure as an opportunity to learn.
- Finding and capitalizing on your many “Teachable Moments.” How to use these unplanned opportunities to shape thinking and habits.
- The steps to cultivating and reinforcing good learning habits. Shaping positive learning behaviors.
- Tap into the incredible capacity for learning in young children.