“Dare greatly, because life is a struggle, and without challenges you will never know the limits of the possible.”
– Admiral William H. McRaven
- The benefits of installing smart learning accrue to both parties – both the Parent and the Child.
This is important. We have designed our programs to have this balance, because we know change that benefits only one party is difficult – and not likely to last. When benefits begin to become quickly evident to the student and the parent, they become part of a virtuous cycle with accumulating reinforcement for change.
Benefits for You the Parent
The many benefits you will obtain from installing smart study habits include:
- You can save time because your teaching becomes more effective when supported by sound study practices.
- You will rapidly become a more effective Parent Coach – in most cases this starts to become evident in a few weeks.
- Less time will be spent in repetitive classroom review – allowing you to invest it elsewhere.
- You can have better, more fruitful and positive dialogues with your children about study and learning practices, and involve them in planning changes.
- You can implement new methods at your own pace – our programs are flexible and allow freedom to tailor what you want to work on.
- A substantial side benefit is that these “learning how to learn” techniques will also work for you! We note that parents are not immune from learning despite what their children might think!
For more information see Free Parent Resources
Benefits for the Student
Adapting smart study habits will provide your children have a rich set of benefits that include:
- Students can Learn More and Study Less. This provides considerable motivation to try new things.
- Better grades. Better retention means better test results.
- Knowing smart study “hacks” builds self-confidence. The belief that you have the capacity to learn hard things opens the door to lifelong learning.
- The online courses are engaging and fun. Many of the scientific principles of learning are really interesting. Tools and techniques can be really cool.
- The time they spend studying yields greater results in retention, memory and critical thinking skills.
- It’s reassuring to know that they have a parent coach who can help and provide feedback. Change is much easier when you have support and encouragement.
- They will find that shorter, more in-depth, study sessions from smart studying and MindTools are less draining and more efficient.
For more information see Free Student Resources
Summary of what you will get
The benefits of deploying improved more efficient learning techniques are very large and long term. They directly connect to the short term benefit of better grades, and the long term benefit of becoming a capable Lifelong Learner.