Pa 10 – Improving Your Child’s Learning Power
Are your child’s study habits and strategies today strong enough to support college-level work in the future? Learn how to help your child become a much more effective learner through the use of better evidence-based learning strategies!
This five lesson mini-course will help you jump start your child on the path to better learning. Taking this course will prepare you to guide your child to smarter and more productive study sessions which will better support your homeschooling teaching. Learn how to use the free Learning Strategies Assessment report you can get online on your child’s use of effective and less effective study strategies.
In this course, you will:
- Learn about the “keystone strategies” and best practices used by lifelong learners
- Discover how to incorporate the new science of learning into your own family values on learning
- Learn the secrets of “A” students and how better students succeed because they use better learning strategies
- Improve your child’s capability to learn more, while studying less
- Learn how meaningful parent coaching, combined with scientific principles of learning, can begin to save you teaching time.
- Perform a structured assessment of study practices which you will use to plan first changes.
- Discover how powerful techniques from the new science of learning can provide exciting learning breakthroughs for your children.
- Learn how to begin successful coaching sessions with your child where you discuss and transform study effectiveness.
- Take a very big step on the rewarding path of creating lifelong learning practices in your children.
This course delivers useful ideas you can use at home to improve study techniques. Each lesson begins with short lecture and explanation to provide background, followed by a workbook full of useful information and assignments to help you observe, discuss and assess your child’s use of study strategies.
It includes parent coaching tools to help you have deeper conversations with your child about smart learning. There are fun quizzes you can take to help you review key points, but no testing nor grading. The course provides useful checklists.
An important and useful deliverable is it teaches you to use the downloadable custom Learning Strategies Assessment which helps you identify current study techniques, how to improve, and how to start conversations with your child on learning that will be constructive and positive.
For more information and to sign up for this mini-course, click here (button)
How to Attend
Take it at Your Convenience. The course is independent study and self-paced so you can begin and complete it when you want.
Access: Watch it from anywhere with an internet connection.
To enroll: Sign up below. That’s it. It’s easy to start and complete this course.
Read to join? Sign up now and begin to use accelerated learning at home.